POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Space Fight 3 : Re: Space Fight 3 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:33:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Fight 3
From: Slime
Date: 27 Sep 2002 09:15:28
Message: <3d9459f0$1@news.povray.org>
> Very nice, this is coming along great!  Is it just me or do some of the
> explosions seem to travel toward the camera instead of following the
vector
> of the ship that exploded?

They stay in one place. The camera is moving forward a little bit so that
the action doesn't get too far away to see.

It would probably be more physically realistic for the explosions to
continue in the direction of the ships that died, but I am purposefully
sacrificing some realism in favor of creating effects that people are used
to seeing in movies and such.

In the new version, the explosions are much more realistic, and little
pieces of broken space ship fly out of them =)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]